Design Trip to Salt Lake City

Texas With Nana

Tex is an amazing boy. He is not only very cute but is brilliant. He has requested that I remake his private space.(his room)

So here we go. I am traveling to Salt lake to remake two children's rooms.

Lizzie Rose and Texas Keith.

Lizzies is inspired by her middle name. Rose. Her quilt, wall painting and new little table will be her secret little world designed and painted especially for her.

Tex is an Americana aficionado.  He loves old cars, planes and anything rusty. I have decided to make his room in the true American colors of old red, white and blue. The walls are going to be painted a linen wash denim blue. Old metal planes, cars and signs will take his imagination up a notch.
I made a true to size licence plate with his name and date of birth. This was painted with Modern Masters Metal Effects Paint. Iron and copper.
Just think of the possibilities. Any Name state, date of birth. They are painted on light weight wood and look and feel like rusted metal. I can create one of any state, year or theme. Just give out a shout and we can figure it all out. Hmmm. Rhymes. It's late I guess.

The wooden sign was just scrap board I found behind the barn. I screwed them together and then proceeded to paint each board a slightly different color. I give the credit for the idea to Pinterest and: Funky Junk thanks Funky Junk. I took it a little different than Funky Junk. But I do love hers. I just can't seem to quit while ahead.

The Route 66 sign and knobs were painted using Modern Master iron effects paint. I propped the sign up as the paint ran to get the rusted look. It feels and looks like real rust.

The knobs and metal hooks are for his belongings to hang. Great for a coat or backpack.

This is the beginning of Lizzie Roses room. And she has requested a castle painted on her old brick wall.

Here are links to pictures of the finished rooms.

Thanks for visiting. sk on elderberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK