SK Sartell and the Diamond Bar R Ranch

Once In A Lifetime

A moment (a lifetime) ago I was asked to help design a log cabin in the woods. The log cabin became an amazing estate called The Diamond Bar R Ranch.

What an honor to be part of such an incredible project.
The Diamond Bar R Ranch sits on over seven hundred acres on the Little Deschutes River in La Pine Oregon. The North facing home has a view of Sisters Mountain range.


 My part of this project was helping the owners choose granites, tiles and accessories. My custom sculptured carpets were to be some very large elements of the rooms.
The living room custom carpets are designed as twenty foot trees.
Looking down from the second story mezzanine. 
The Eagles Nest is thirty feet up from the main living room floor.
 The main floor entertainment room has a wall-to-wall custom designed carpet.
These custom rugs were created on a garage floor. 
I would roll the completed sections up as I worked.
Some of my creations sit on another surface and some were installed as wall-to-wall carpets.
The master bedroom free-floating rug design was reiterated into the master bath tile designs.


As an artist and designer, these opportunities come far and few between. 
The owners were incredible to work with and have become friends. 

As I searched to find the homes interior furnishings, I met and worked with many talented people.
Each skilled in their particular niche.

My own artwork seems a dream as I look back on the year I was honored to participate.


Thanks for visiting. sk on elderberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK