So Many Black Stripes with SK

SK's yard sale find. $5.00 with broken legs. 

The fabric is in pretty good condition. The nailheads are all there. The tapestry fabric had no tears, so my custom chalk paint would work great.
My personal favorite chalk paint recipe is: 
2 parts flat latex paint
1 Part Calcium Carbonate, Ground white chalk
A couple tablespoon water
Mix till all lumps are gone
And I mix throughout my painting project as well.

I dampen the fabric with a spray bottle, I start  at the top and paint downward. Very light coats. I took 3  coats to cover. I find it interesting that the tapestry fabric looks amazing as the coats of paint dry.
I started the wood arms and legs by silver foiling.
After the black stripes were dry I drew my design on with white chalk.
Not liking the first design, I washed the chalk design off and started again.
You might notice the woodwork is now old gold foil. I wasn't happy with the silver.

I have some pretty diamond gold buttons going on next.
Black penned details are starting to appear.

Not bad for five bucks...

After the final artwork was finished, I used a clear paste wax, rubbing the wax in circular motions.
When the wax was dry, I started buffing. I repeated this three times.
The wax made the gerber daisy appear golden and glow a bit.
Love it.

It feels like a fine leather.
Thanks for visiting

I Heart You with SK

Nothing touches like a well deserved love.

Even though this is what it looks like from my bedroom window,  and now all my Christmas yearnings are past and the New Year is here, I have to think of Valentines. Noooooooooooo.

Yep. Here I go.
I've never been a pallet connoisseur. They just have too many splinters for these delicate little flower hands of mine...

I have seen some very amazing and talented works done from free wood pallets. So I thought I would try my hand at a few freebie loves.

I painted each separate board a different valentine color and let them dry. I used a poly to preserve the old wood.
I laid the pieces next to each other and screwed a backer board across the back in two places. This secured the wood boards together.
I also cut a few plywood scraps to cover the entire back of some to see the difference in durability. The plywood works best. I used wood glue and screws to attach the pieces to the plywood.

I then made several size heart paper templates and cut my hearts out with a jigsaw.
When they were all finished, I sanded the edges back deeply. I love the old look.

These were fun to play with. Yea. You go pallet girl...
Thanks for visiting.