Black Damask Refrigerator with SK

From Plain and Ugly to a French Armoire with SK


 

    
I hate refrigerators. They are a blank hole in the wall. We buy them in all sorts of colors and textures, cover them in magnets and post-it notes. Still ugly as far as I'm concerned.

I sanded and using a bonding primer, primed this black textured fridge.

It is painted with my custom chalk paint in flat black. The stencils are painted in gloss black.

I wanted to create the illusion of an antique French armoire. This needed depth was created with 1/4"x3" sanded wood. I used a bonding glue to create different sections. They were then painted black.

I love damask design. Using a black and cream damask tissue paper from Hobby Lobby, I decopouged the diffeent sections. I use a satin poly to decopouge my papers. I like the look, feel and durability it provides.
Hobby Lobby
I sanded the paper and antiqued it with a chocolate glaze.

Using Hard Rock putty and stencils, I create 3-D designs which I paint in 
These fun knobs were purchased at Hobby Lobby of course.
          
I topped the piece with a rusted wrought iron scroll. The cabinet over the fridge is the same depth as the fridge, making it possible to create the illusion of being a part of the armoire.
                 
  The Graphic Fairy design is very subtle, but so sweet.                                 Thanks Graphic Fairy                                              
Does it still look like a typical fridge? Maybe not. But it sure has more personality.
   
Thanks for visiting. SK on Elderberry




2 comments:

  1. Truly amazing and creative! You mentioned a hard rock putty and was curious if you had a particular brand you found works best? Thanks for the inspiring ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This apartment security system has 10 dollar subscription fees which ensure that you have peace of mind for many nights to come. This apartment security device comes with a 5 piece kit which includes a doorbell and window sensors alarm systemso that you are alerted if some intruder enters your apartment.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK