Copper and Rust Concrete Counters with SK

Painted Concrete with SK


I have been incognito for many months. We have moved to the Northern Idaho Rockies and in the middle of building our retreat. So I apologies for being slothful. And I'm anxious to be complete with the many projects I have planned.
I'm not a granite kind of girl. And I love concrete counter tops. I have created these hard surfaces in my last three homes. I can't seem to hurt them. And if they do get marred, I simply put on my painting clothes and go at it. Once every three years or so, I will sand lightly and apply another coat of clear finish hard coat. 
I love adding dimension to my counters with iron medallions and decorations.
SK on Elderberry Concrete Counters
The painting process has been a journey. And I'm finally thrilled with my results.

Modern Masters is the king. And I use their amazing products liberally. And I have never been disappointed.
This counter took four days to complete. It has several coats of primer, four coats of copper and rust paint.
 I love the variations and movement I can achieve with this technique.
I finished with three coats of a marine spar varnish.

Thanks for visiting. I will post as projects are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK