SK and Jo's Fantasy Chair

Jo's Fantasy Chair  #painted upholstery #painted fabric

Just a note: There are some projects Which can't be explained with my limited writing abilities. So I will just start. There's always a beginning. Maybe never an end though.

Jo as close friend, brought me this sad little chair which had been in storage for decades. Half finished and lonely.
The solid mahogany chair needed a bit of love and care. A new life or it was eventually going to the dump I'm sure. Interestingly she also had been storing a couple of yards of old fashioned pillow ticking. Why not use it to cover the chair.  Inspiration is a odd thing. Sometimes it comes unbidden and other times you couldn't pay it to visit...

For an odd reason she trusts me, giving me complete freedom in painting this piece. Scary thought huh?

First off, know this, I am not an upholsterer. I just dive in and make it look as good as I can. Sorry professional upholsterers...

Using the ticking, I ironed pleats into parts for the front of the chair. Then upholstered the rest. The back is painted with my custom chalk paint.
Jo is a garden fairy and loves her beautiful flower gardens. She was my inspiration for her chair.
My all time favorite graphic archive is The Graphic Fairy.
The dragonflies are a big part of Jo's garden and they are beloved.
Using my chalk paints and acrylics, I painted the background watercolor wet-on-wet. This works well on fabrics and watercolor paper. It just fades nicely into the background. A fun little backdrop.
 Jo thinks this little tyke looks like me. Really? Thanks Jo. How funny.
A bit younger by 60 yrs.
 As a child on the farm, we called these wishes. 
How appropriate.
I think it looks awfully fun in my volunteer pumpkin patch. Just a bit of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK