SK Dislikes Stainless Steel

 See more of SK's Stuff On HomeTalk

I can't say much after that title, because the statement is horribly true. I Hate Stainless Steel. Hey the stuff looks great. Until...Kids get to it. Or hubby. Or Me. I must admit.

The stuff seems to glom onto fingerprints. We were constantly trying to find a way of keeping it shiny and free of greasy fingerprints. So here ya go...



I sanded the surface. Heresy. I KNOW...

I mixed a leftover latex paint with leftover gray sandless gout.
Essentially this makes a custom chalkboard paint. 
You could use any color paint and make a chalkboard paint.

    I hand cut a simple stencil out of heavy printer paper.

           
I taped off sections of the refrigerator. I didn't want to paint the entire surface. And using a small smooth roller painted three coats. After these coats were dry I used the little stencil I cut and painted a few curls on the edges so the chalkboard didn't seem so stark.
         
Kids really enjoy knowing they are free to "draw" on the refrigerator. How many times does that happen in a child lifetime?
Thanks for visiting.
sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK