SK's Little Worn Out Hutch

I needed to dig deep to save this poor little baby. Found in a farmers field, it had seen better days. The interior was covered with old wallpaper and glue. Stripping it was an adventure. I found old news clips and ads.

After I got it cleaned of almost 80 years of grime, I sanded it. I  also needed to replace hardware and readjust hinges.
 After the sanding I painted the interior a brilliant scarlet.
The glass in the doors was cracked so I replaced them with a
beaded glass. Which look to be from that era.

I painted the exterior with a cream milk paint, sanded it back to show some of the scarlet in worn areas, and antiqued with a clear and dark wax.
 This beautiful cabinet now has a place of honor showcasing the owners beloved collectables.
Thanks for visiting. sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK